The 1.8 patch features the ability to participate in a vote by just pressing F1 to vote yes. If you wish to vote no, just don't press the F1 key and your lack of vote will be interpreted as a 'no' vote. Quick update regarding funny characters in names:
If you type in votekick, press Space and then press TAB, you can cycle through the names of people in the server. Just TAB through until you get to the person you want then hit enter. TAB'ing saves you from having to type the whole nameHow to initiate a kick:
• Open your console with (~) or (`) key by default.
• Type in votekick playername
(where playername is the name of the player you wish to kick) and press enter.
• You can also hit TAB to complete a sentence, so type the first few letters of the players name then hit TAB.
• A message will appear on screen: "Vote to kick playername
initiated"How to vote:
• Press F1
to submit your 'Yes' vote.
• In order to vote 'No', simply don't press F1.
• Required Votes for successful kick - 51%
• Default timeout for kicked user is 10 minutes. You will not be able to rejoin the same server in that time.
• 3 minute cooldown before user can call another vote if unsuccessful.
Please let us know if you have any difficulties with the vote kicking system or suggestions on how it could be improved!