Sooo I bought the game a week ago and beat it...dont get me wrong the single player is good, but that about it.
Here are a few reasons why Crysis 2 online sucks balls.
1. 85% of the time you will find yourself killed from behind by invisible pussies,
if they are not camping they are patrolling small area and then camp right before something that resembles an open space.
2. Invisible snipers on large maps.
3. You would think for a sec Infrared vision suppose to reveal invisibility of other players - well it doesn't. Making invisible cloak overpowered and LOGICAL purpose of Infrored vision - USELESS.
4. Overpowered armor ( I mean anyone can notice the pattern of it, especially if you don't have 3G 5 bar internet connection at all times - that makes it even worse)
5. Waiting 5 min to find someone to play with.
there are more, refresh my memory.
Crysis 2's multiplayer isn't quite like any other FPS multiplayer on the market. After all, you usually get to see the targets you shoot, right?
It seems like you got owned a couple of times and are here confused as hell because the game is unbalanced. Wrong. It's just that the learning curve is a bit steep. Here's a few things that ought to help you make others rage quit for a change:
- Unlearn everything you learnt in other FPS games. It will only serve to screw you up. Also, unlearn all the campaign stuff too. Not that the campaign is bad, its just that it's miles apart from the multiplayer.
- Formulate a strategy based solely on the nanosuit's unique abilities. I'll give you mine to get started:
a) Always stay in stealth no matter what. If your suit runs out, find cover, recharge, stealth up, head on out. ALWAYS SWITCH TO ARMOR MODE BEFORE SHOOTING AND GO INTO STEALTH RIGHT AFTER THE KILL!
b) Find where the action is on the map. This is simpler than it seems. No one sees anyone in multiplayer initially unless its by luck. Once a person is sighted, they're shot up and killed. However, everyone will see the red dot on the map and rush to it to get a kill. This is where the action is. While everyone is rushing to that red dot on their gps, you should go there too but make sure you flank them. If you rush in, you will just make for an easy kill. TRY TO GET AT LEAST 3 KILLS!
c) Once you get your kills and collect the tags, get your radar up and running. Now the game is much simpler. Just go on a stealth rampage, collect dog tags and have a good time.
d) Rinse and repeat.
- Know maps. It takes a while but most maps on Crysis always have their "hotspots". Here are the ones that I've picked up on:
a) City Hall: The center north end of the map with the open space.
b) Downed Bird: Around the bridge and the building with the turret on top.
c) Evac Zone: The center area in front of the turret. Center and center north rooftops.
d) Impact: The center area of the top floor. The bottom floor area with the rubble that leads up to the top floor. The top floor hallways.
e) Liberty Island: he building with the turret on the west end of the map. Tons of guys up top always.
f) Lighthouse: The AA Guns. The ruins in the middle. The damn staircase in the lighthouse.
g) Parking Lot: Stairs. The entire west side of the first floor. Occasionally the part of the rooftop with the turret.
h) The stairways. The small alley on the north side. Some snipers in the blown out building.
i) Skyline: The south side of the roof. The entire greenhouse. Occasionally helipad.
j) Terminal: Always on the sides, never in the middle. And especially on those elevated parts of the map. People camp and/or recharge their suits in the bathroom area.
k) Wall Street: The entire middle area. Always some people by the trucks and the building beside the trucks. Always some people in the guard towers. And lastly the top floor.
- Know which modules best suit your playing style. For my above strategy, I use the following:
a) Aim Enhance: I empty my entire clip into armored targets and if even a few bullets miss, then I'm dead meat. This helps me kill from afar and with great precision.
b) Stealth Enhance: I go in and out of stealth every few seconds. This makes it much easier.
c) Energy Transfer: I kill, I get energy. Nothing could be better.
There's obviously some other good modules such as Mobility Enhance, Jammer, and Armor Enhance, but the above few are my all time favorites.
- Know your weapons. Some guns are just better than others. My favorite is the FY71. It's quick, precise, and deals massive damage. The distant second would be a Scar. Absolutely hate the Feline because although its mobility is nice, its damage is appalling. Some folks prefer the MK40 but its much too heavy for me to carry around. Maybe with loadout pro, but thats me.
- Grenades: Throw them towards the hotspot. Sometimes you get a kill, sometimes you don't.
- Melee: This isn't CoD. You need several hits. So if you're charging towards your target and your clip runs out, melee the crap out of the guy and it should do the trick. Plus, you get the smackdown medal.
Alright, hope this helped. Now go and own those bastards!